Dia De los Muertos Necklace
- This gorgeous fine glass bead necklace is sure to draw attention to your neckline. It has multiple strands containing vibrant Czech seed beads and strands with shiny glass beads.
- You can wear it to complement a casual or formal outfit.
This unique charm necklace is influenced by the Mexican Day of the Dead or Día de los Muertos on November 1st, where people celebrate the lives of and pay their respects to deceased friends and family members. Traditions connected with the holiday include building private altars honoring the deceased using sugar skulls and marigolds and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed and visiting graves with these as gifts. This is a colorful celebration and not a somber occasion!
This beautiful skull necklace is a hand-woven chain of sparkling Czech seed beads. Multiple strands of tiny beads lead to sections of woven bead patterns.
- This lightweight, rope style necklace slips over your head with a magnetic glasp.
- Colors: Black, Turquoise, Bronze, Pastel Pink and Red
- Materials: Czech glass seed beads, thread
- Clasp: Magnetic
- Dimensions: 2.25 inches wide x 22 inches long
Story Behind the Art:
Our glass bead jewelry and handbags are hand woven by over 150 Mayan artisans in the highlands of Guatemala. Our commitment to the principals of Fair Trade create avenues of employment for economically disadvantaged artisans in these regions. With your help, we will continue to provide an alternative source of income to the indigenous artisans.