Terms & Conditions
To make a purchase with Peruvianfairtrade.com, you must create an account and meet the other requirements established in these Terms. By creating an account, you agree that all of your account information is true and complete, and you will keep your account information current.
If you create a Peruvianfairtrade.com account, we will either assign you a password or let you choose your own password to enable you to access and use certain portions of the peruvianfairtrade.com site.
You agree to keep your username and password confidential, that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You agree not to allow anybody else to use your account, including in any way that is meant to circumvent these Terms. Each time a valid password is used with your account, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Peruvianfairtrade.com site in a manner consistent with the Terms, and we have no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access. You agree that you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password, including, without limitation, purchases made, and anything else that occurs, through your account, whether or not such access to and use of the Peruvianfairtrade.com site is actually authorized by you, including without limitation, all communications and transmissions and all obligations (including without limitation, financial obligations) incurred through such access or use.
Pricing and Savings
Peruvianfairtrade.com continuously works to offer competitive prices on everything we carry and we try to offer the lowest prices whenever possible. In certain instances and for certain products, we also report suggested savings as a percentage. The percentage savings we report are based on a comparison of prices for bulk or wholesale sizes of products available on the market against the prices for equivalent or similar bulk or wholesale sizes of products or retail sizes available on national e-commerce retail websites and mobile applications.
Taxes, Duties and Import Brokerage Fees
Items sold on the Peruvianfairtrade.com site may be subject to tax, government import fees or duties, or broker service fees. In most cases, prior to submitting your purchase invoice, you will see an estimate of the taxes and other fees to be collected on your order. This amount will depend on various factors, including the items purchased, the shipment destination, and, in certain circumstances. In certain limited circumstances and for certain third-party sellers, the tax amount may be included in the price of a product.
Applicable tax/duties on such orders will be applied to the item price indicated by the seller. For these items, savings amounts will not always reduce the price at which tax is charged. At this time Peru tariffs and duties are subject to 0 duties and very limited US Customs fees. Broker fees and services are negotiated by Peruvianfairtrade.com and are offered at deep discounts from published rates. Air transportation fees are also negotiated FOB Lima to most US airports, local transportation fees and pick up fees will be the responsibility of the customer once items clear US Customs.
Peruvianfairtrade.com only ships to the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia and Canada.. Due to carrier restrictions, items requiring truck delivery cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, APO/FPO or internationally. Shipments are delivered locally by UPS®,The exact delivery date of your order may depend on several factors, including, without limitation, the date and time you place your order, the schedules and processes of our shipping partners, holiday schedules, weather, and other factors. Even though we try to anticipate delays, we cannot predict or always prepare for delays caused by carriers, mistakes in delivery or shipment information, changes to orders, strikes, bad weather, or other similar circumstances. If there is a delay, we will do whatever we can to help move things along, although we cannot promise we'll be able to resolve the delay.
Minimum Order Requirements
We may, in our sole discretion, set and adjust minimum (or maximum) quantity and/or price requirements from time to time for any order or attempted order placed on Peruvianfairtrade.com
We may also, in our sole discretion, set and adjust minimum (or maximum) quantity and/or price requirements from time to time for any user to receive the minimum weight carrier requires to the negotiated tariff on any order placed on Peruvianfairtrade.com
As a user, you agree to receive newsletters and promotional emails, including, without limitation, certain third-party offers.
Out of Stocks
If a product you have selected is not in stock, we reserve the right to, at our discretion, replace the product with an equivalent or similar product, provide you with a credit to your account for the amount paid for such an item, or refund you for the item. “Equivalent” or “similar” items may be the same style but a different type, size or color, or may be the same type of product but a different style, size or color. Price adjustments for alternate products will not be requested by us nor extended to you in the event of a product substitution.
Disclaimers of Warranties
Important: This section is important because it is a disclaimer by Peruvianfairtrade.com of certain warranties and liabilities. You understand and agree that Peruvianfairtrade.com will not assume responsibility for many items. We love our customers and we will always try to do our best for each of them, subject to all of the Terms and, specifically, these disclaimers.
WE DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF PERUVIANFAIRTRADE.COM SERVICES AND/OR THE PERUVIANFAIRTRADE.COM SITE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THESE DISCLAIMERS INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION: THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING; THAT ACCESS TO PERUVIANFAIRTRADE.COM OR PERUVIANFAIRTRADE.COM SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE FROM INACCURACIES, MISTAKES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS; THAT THE PERUVIANFAIRTRADE.COM SITE WILL BE SECURE; OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE PERUVIANFAIRTRADE.COM AND/OR THE SITE AVAILABLE WILL BE VIRUS-FREE OR FREE OF OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
You agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to indemnify and hold Peruvianfairtrade.com and its affiliates, officers, directors, representatives, members, shareholders, agents, suppliers, distributors, employees, service or third party providers, contractors, subcontractors, and licensors harmless from any claim, demand, damages, penalties, fines, costs, amounts paid in settlement, liabilities, obligations, taxes, liens, losses, expenses, fees and court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses incurred in connection with any litigation made by any third party arising from: (i) your use of and access of the Peruvianfairtrade.com site, including in connection with your presence on any physical property owned, operated, licensed, or maintained by Peruvianfairtrade.com from time to time; (ii) your violation of any term of the Terms; (iii) your violation of law or of any third-party right, including without limitation infringement of the rights of a third party or of any copyright, property, or privacy right; (iv) any claims resulting from content you supply; (v) your unconscionable commercial conduct; or (vi) any other claim that your use of the Peruvianfairtrade.com site caused damage to a third party. Peruvianfairtrade.com reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in any case, you agree to cooperate with Peruvianfairtrade.com if and as requested by Peruvianfairtrade.com in the defense of such matter.
Risk of Loss
All goods and products purchased by you from Peruvianfairtrade.com are delivered pursuant to a shipment contract by a third-party carrier or delivery company. We shall use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the performance of such third-party suppliers and shipping companies, but shall not be responsible for their failure or for their other acts or omissions.
No returns for any purchases. No partial returns will be accepted. All shipping costs for merchandise shipments shall be at the customer's expense. Cancellations should be completed before cargo shipments are picked up from our Lima warehouse or within 7 days of placing the initial order. No cancellations accepted after the deadlines given to every order completion.
No return items for reason of stock or inventory balancing, offsetting unused inventory, insufficient expiry period, inability to resell items, quantity miscalculation, or reversing initial acceptance of purchase orders. All specialized or custom purchases, including, without limitation, phone orders, orders made pursuant to purchase orders, business orders, discounted orders, and custom pallet orders requiring special delivery accommodations are not eligible for return, unless otherwise agreed in writing Peruvianfairtrade.com, in its sole discretion.
If we agree to a return in writing, we do not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfillment center, which must occur within fourteen (14) days of the return approval confirmation. We will only issue a refund upon receiving the returned item at our fulfillment center. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, we do not take title to the refunded item.
- All shipments are FOB our Lima, Peru warehouse meaning that all freight is paid by the customer unless expressly detailed.
- Shipping is only valid within the contiguous 48 states and Canada unless expressed otherwise.
- Terms are prepaid unless open terms have been approved prior by our credit department.
- Visa, Discover, MasterCard, American Express and Paypal are all accepted forms of payment.
- Orders processed via credit card are subject to an immediate hold for the full amount of the order including shipping. Once the order is shipped at origin, the hold will the authorized and the charge will be validated. Peruvianfairtrade.com will assess Broker fees and US Customs Fees and charge and invoice them along with the order. Orders to Canada are FOB Canada’s closest international airport.
- If the card is declined at the time of purchase, customer will be notified immediately.
- Another form of payment will be requested and processed before the order departs the port of origin.
- Wire transfers, money orders and checks are accepted forms of payment for orders completed offline.
- Orders worth less than 100 kilos of cargo freight volume/weight or $900 before shipping will be accessed a $20 handling fee at the time of checkout.
- Claims of shortages, damages or defective merchandise must be reported within 72 hours of receipt of order. Unless customer purchases insurance, Peruvianfairtrade.com doesn’t assume responsibility for shortages, damages or loss of inventory. All cargo is delivered complete as invoiced to carrier as per Peruvian Customs regulations and Air Carrier physical count checks.
- Peruvianfairtrade.com offers shipping options through United Airlines, Delta and American Airlines in addition to several US based local shipping methods.
- Peruvianfairtrade.com does offer on-site pickup for orders placed online and pick up in Denver, CO. Pickup’s must be organized and timed with the customer’s sales representative to allow our warehouse adequate time to prepare the order. We offer additionally UPS and USPS shipments to customer’s address from our Denver, CO inventory distribution center
- Peruvianfairtrade.com offers free of charge distribution of cargo to our customers from Denver, Colorado after US Customs clearance for all orders shipped to the US (48 Continental States) Orders must exceed $2,500 or greater. Orders will ship domestically via UPS or USPS. Orders between $1,000 and $2,500 will have a $70 handling fee.
- Sales tax will be collected on all orders without a valid resale number.
- No returned products will be accepted. Unless agreed, shipping charges on any returned products are the responsibility of the customer. A 20% restocking may be assessed to any returned order.
- Custom Orders or Configurations: No returns or refunds will be made for items that are special ordered for the customer.
- Damaged Shipments: If your shipment arrives damaged: You must notate the damage with the carrier’s delivery record in accordance with the carrier’s policy, save the merchandise in the original box and packing it arrived in and notify Peruvianfairtrade.com immediately to arrange for a carrier inspection and insurance inspector report. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the customer
- You may not assign Peruvianfairtrade.com any responsibility for any damages. Customers must purchase carrier insurance for any purchase or waive insurance and any claims subject to product damage.
- Shipping charges: Original shipping charges are not refundable.
- Peruvianfairtrade.com prides itself in providing a high fill rate with our orders, however, at times orders may be placed with insufficient quantities available for fulfillment. In these situations,we will immediately contact the customer to offer all available options including short shipping, substitution for similar items.